Swords | CDLXX - The Dragon Hunt

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://swordscomic.com/comic/CDLXX/
1 Like

This is so so cute. Quest sprout is my favorite now!

1 Like

Mine too! Theyā€™re so cute!

1 Like

Ah, but who is the cute secret small purple Qwest sprout in the background???

1 Like

Omg. I just saw it. Umā€¦ are you lost little Qwest sprout?

1 Like

But wait isnā€™t that dragon quest sproutā€™s friend ?

1 Like

It is ok, they are probably just sent to recapture the sword dragon and bring it back to the drakris family for a prophet.

1 Like

Okay, NOW Iā€™ve read the Roman numerals correctly. The 500th page is close-ish now.

Yep, itā€™s this one

Hmmā€¦ so Iā€™m just starting to look at thisā€¦ and Iā€™m not totally sure that sprout is supposed to be cute.

They show up in three different panels in this comic- in the dark background of the first panel, hiding between bottles in panel 5, and behind the counter in panel 8. Beyond that, theyā€™re also hidden in the background of panel 3 of comic CDLXXXV, right after Quest Sprout wakes up from a bad dream. (I donā€™t think they show up anywhere else, although they might and I just may not have seen them.)

In any case, they appear to have fangs, ripped/rotting leaves, and they donā€™t have pupils or irises. I canā€™t tell what this sprout is supposed to represent, but it seems negative- with the exception of that first panel, I donā€™t see Quest Sprout being especially happy in any of the panels where they appear. Combined with Quest Sproutā€™s momā€™s disappearance and their rivalry with the Demon of Eternal Slumber (plus, their purple and orange coloration matches his) Iā€™m pretty sure it has something to do with this.

Thanks for pointing this out Dr. Pizzazz- I never would have noticed.

2 Likes

Oh also Iā€™ve been calling them Pest Sprout (if thatā€™s not obvious)

I was re-reading this, and I saw Mincer say ā€˜amigosā€™ so I thought ā€œah, he must have a Spanish accentā€, but then I looked and before that he said ā€˜yes-hawā€™ and now Iā€™m confused as to what accent he has.

Mexican maybe? Perhaps Russian?