Swords | DCCCXVIII ~ Genesis

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://swordscomic.com/comic/DCCCXVIII/

Grelf was the first elf??? I guess this was mentioned once, but I just didn’t really realize what it meant. Well, we know which side of the elf-lionman-human war Greg is on. Imagine the amount of knowledge of everything that Grelf must have, though. I’d love to just sit down and ask him questions.

1 Like

Well this certainly explains a lot. Also dang RIP Krog’s glorious mane of hair.

1 Like

Oh my god.
Greg made the first elf.
Greg’s elf.
GRELF

2 Likes

10,000 iq moment bro

1 Like

And since elves were created by the god of water, that could be why an elf was appointed as the Great Sage of Water in Hiltshire, a predominantly human kingdom.

1 Like

oh yeah, it’s all coming together

1 Like

kargob with krog: yeesh clingy
greg with grelf: i’ve only had grelf for 5 minutes but if anything happens to him i will drown everything and then drown myself.

1 Like

Just realized something: when Krog first met Grelf, Grelf claimed to have “made the same centuries ago.” This means at least one of the following must be true:

• Krog also has an extraordinary lifespan
  • Grelf was created many centuries prior to Krog
  • Grelf and Krog were created at the same time, but an incident causes Krog to travel several centuries into the future
  • Grelf is a liar
1 Like

Oh Greg is actually kinda terrifying

1 Like

Okay, I know I’m a little late to the party, but here’s a couple things here that I’m thinking…

1. We see Greg here, and this seems to be his first appearance chronologically. Where was he before the creation of Humans and Elves? Where was he when Pandemonium showed up?
  2. A war between Kargob’s creations and Greg’s seems to suggest that the gods who created them would go to war. This would be very bad, being how at least two demon swords are on the loose at the moment (at least in appearance).
  3. Since Krog is made by Kargob, (Krog… Kargob… yeah it’s like Greg and Grelf) when does Bogg show up? She isn’t there when Krog meets Grelf, so when does she appear?
2 Likes

Not sure about 1 & 2, but for 3:

Bogg appears sometime before the events of CCII, where Krog invents the Sharp Club, which has to happen before DCX, where Krog meets Grelf and shows off his Sharp Club.
Bogg probably doesn’t survive much after DXII, after her Dinosword abandons her in the fight against the Big Rock Man.
Nothing concrete to indicate whether DXII happens before or after DCX, except that the Dinosword is called a Sword, and not a Sharp Club/Stick.

1 Like