Swords | DCCLXXVI ~ The Demon Sword Chronicles ~ VI

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://swordscomic.com/comic/DCCLXXVI/

was that it? bro i wanted to lern so much about darkness but this is it? i was waiting for this since the 1 eyed recap

Poor ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆ, lost her name and stuck with an Attack stat of 1. At least she gets company unlike some of the others.

1 Like

id imagine if hes not aaying anything about the sword now, itll play a much bigger and important role later

This gives us next to no new information, but I still have all too much to say.

I never really considered the fact that Darkness is the demon of the same thing that Kargob is the god of. Perhaps sheā€™s actually the demon of Radiant Light or something, and the darkness field is Kargobā€™s power suppressing her? I guess that doesnā€™t make sense, since light is also the domain of a god. But the Darkness-Field-as-sealant theory, I like.

Also, whatā€™s with the ā€œtheyā€ pronouns here!? Sheā€™s always been ā€œsheā€, previously, although only in her description afaik, i.e. meta sources. I guess the neutral pronoun fits better as to the ā€œname and identity has been banishedā€ schtick, maybe in-universe her gender is banished too and no-one can use it. Probably Iā€™m overthinking things.

Iā€™m excited to learn Darknessā€™ true name and nature one day. All in due timeā€¦

2 Likes

Oh here is it (damn character limits)

Her design is absolutely my favorite among the demon swords. Boundless Hunger also looked pretty cool, but Unspeakable Darkness is my favorite.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fantastic theory! If their entire identity was banished perhaps she would have no pronouns at all. Kinda referring her as it or just by her name. Iā€™m using she/her pronouns because even if she is changed to they/them now, all the demons swords are heā€™s and we need more sheā€™s.

I have a pet theory that maybe she/they/it/whatever is actually kargob? Like I know it sounds weird, cuz it is, but like, that would explain why there are two immortals of darkness and why their name is banished. Iā€™m aware they were a part of pandemonium and all but what if eternal darkness is like holding some DARK secrets about kargob. Perhaps kargob merged his bad features with eternal darkness and sealed them away? I know itā€™s far out but itā€™s interesting to think about

Darkness can mean the lack of light
My personal theory is that the unspeakable darkness is the absence of good things, like the sunlight that makes crops grow and lets us see. And kargobā€™s darkness represents the absence of bad things, like how pandemonium said his darkness is pleasant because bograkā€™s light is too overwhelming. I know they are a demon but we humans can get damaged by light too you know.
And that kargob sealed her name away because saying it activates her power.