Swords | DCCLXXVIII ~ The Beginning Of Time ~ Part Two

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://swordscomic.com/comic/DCCLXXVIII-2/

Okay, a lot of stuff I’m stil not done figuring out here, but what caught my eye was the fact that Boundless Hunger remembers his life before he was separated. I had wondered about that. Nice to know :grin:

Good ol’ Baltad, the eternal jobber

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

Baltad mentions how three stones where made from his souls, and unless the godsword core is the third stone- which would imply that Greg had enough souls to make one too- then that would mean we know of only two of Baltad’s soul stones.

1 Like

All the demons remember.
Sacred Oaths somewhat more than the rest, I’d imagine, from her constant reminder.

What’s really interesting is that Pandemonium seemed to have been anticipating the “end of darkness.” I suspect Baltad’s universe wasn’t the first one Pandemonium witnessed the demise of. Having lived the ages of multiple universes (and, according to their dialogue here, consuming living beings in each one) could also explain how Pandemonium became so powerful.

1 Like

Why did Baltad improve while Pandemonium didn’t? Does this imply Pandemonium isn’t a lich? Why didn’t Baltad get his crown back at Swords | CDLXXXII - The Sword Who Would Be King ?
Where did it go?

Why does Greg need enough to make one? I don’t see any visible on any of the gods other than Baltad

Oooh yes, you’re right.

I misread it at first, and thought Baltad used his souls to make the soul stones. I went and reread it and he used his blood.

But what I was reffering to was if the third stone of baltad was the godsword core. and since both he and greg have remaining cores, I was thinking about how it could’ve been a soulstone.

Sacred Oaths does indeed remember, and it seems that the others do too. So I agree with you… But in CCCLXII we see Sacred Oaths fighting Kargob, not Pandemonium. In DXXXVIII we see Unspeakable Darkness talk with Kargob. I see two explanations, the first: both demons are depicted in scenes that happen after Pandemonium is split, and the demons remember things as they are. The second: all demons remember what happened when they were part of Pandemonium, but they have a harder time acknowledging that their siblings were also part of it. The demons talk of each other, they talk of things that happened to Pandemonium, but they never talk about Pandemonium. So they might not understand that their siblings were once part of them as well.

I feel bad for thinking baltad is bad

Anyone else notice how Pandemonium’s colours change from black (the colour of Boundless Hunger, by the way) to multicoloured when the darkness “comes to an end”? No idea what’s going on there, but interesting nonetheless.

I mean it’s the darkness, so it’s prob shadow

Well it’s a little weird but it says the blood was made up of the countless souls he had taken.

I have two main questions though:

1. What are the chances he used a sword to fight Pandemonium? I thought the canon was that the weapon the universe would use would be decided by the eye Kargob stabbed, as the seven eyed demon’s eye was stabbed out by Kargob in Swords | DCLXXVIII - The Crossroads Of Time : Part Five

In other outcomes, was a gun or a spear used to stab (shoot) it out? Did Baltad also use those weapons in those realities?

1. What happened to Baltad’s crown?

I’m proving to be much better at asking questions than answering them ⊙⁠.⁠☉

1. I put that ‘the weapon that Kargob defeats PanDEMONium with dictates the universe’ hypothesis out there, as it fitted the facts as they were revealed.
    But it doesn’t mean that’s what Matt intends/intended.

2. PanDEMONium’s tentacle of Boundless Hunger WHA-POW!'d it off Baltad’s head, and the Demon King frequently wore one similar throughout his time, so it’s possible that it was acquired following said WHA-POW!

Well that could be a problem. But Kargob DID win, so it’s probably fine? I mean, as fine as it can be with the ~preestablished lore of the future.

I think the implication is that Baltad’s Universe was an Anything-Goes reality, as he was already aware of Halberds, Axes, and Spears during the Crossroads of Time.