Unofficial Weekly Discussion 3: Characters to be expounded upon!

• What character or group of characters do you want more information on?

• Who would you like to see more often?

6 Likes

For example, I’m fascinated by the mysterious goblin, elf, orc, and dwarf with the white and yellow masks. They seem to have some connection to the Demon Swords, but I’m left wondering what. I have so many questions. Is there a masked Human, Halfling, or Lionman? What is their purpose? Is it hard to eat with the mask on?
So I’m curious. What characters do you want to see developed?

6 Likes

There was a lizardman in comic CCCXXVII. I’m always an advocate for lizardfolk, and these ones seem to understand Japanese :thinking:

6 Likes

I’d like to see the paladin kingdom that the King of Drakness needs all the exotic, edgy swords for war against. Maybe Sickle can look for a new job there to first introduce them.

8 Likes

I’m never sad to see more Sharp Sharply! :sharpyes:

He’s got that mysterious backstory with Chad’s Dad.

8 Likes

I havent noticed these folks, do you know the comics that they appear in?

2 Likes

The Mysterious Goblin is also known as the Travel Goblin, who first appears in Swords IV.
The Mysterious Dwarf appears in Swords CCXXXVIII (where he attempts to replace the two-eyed Demon Sword)
The Mysterious Elf first appears in Swords CCVI (he/she pulls the four-eyed Demon Sword out of The Whitesmith)
The Mysterious Troll appears in Swords CCXCIX (who greets the Stroller after he shipwrecks on Demon Island, which seems to be the home of the five-eyed Demon Sword, who is possessing some sort of Minotaur-like creature (see Swords CLVI))
Hope this helped @EndyStar!

6 Likes

I had never realised thise were masks! I always thought they were just a stylistic choice of creature that had part of their skull sticking out! Clearly I havent been paying close enough attention. It’s interesting though, there are misinterpretations of how many eyes Karhob has, but these masks show that they have a pretty good idea of what Baltad looks like.

5 Likes

Oh, sorry. I suspect that they are masks, but they could very well be augmented skulls or something else entirely. I don’t think it’s been confirmed what they are.

Just something I noticed about the Kargob-eyes thing. Has anyone noticed that the skulls on Kris the Necromancer’s shoulders only have six eyes (see Swords CXLIV), while the popular belief throughout the rest of Hiltshire is that Kargob has eight eyes (see Swords L)?

5 Likes

I mean, the 6 eyes vs 8 eyes has been a debate since the beginning of time. Swords L just shows that it’s a very debatable topic. I suspect everyone has their own belief of it.

5 Likes

I kinda wanna see more of some characters that have only really appeared once, like the Squid Cultist, Guss, and The Cave Litch!

5 Likes

I’m surprised Xiphos hasn’t said anything about that yet, having been at the head of a war over the subject. :sadxiphos:

But what I really want to hear more about is shields! They have no blade on them anywhere. Which heretic invented them? Was it Greg? Is that why no one talks about him?

5 Likes

I’m sorry user @Not_An_Eavesdropper but I’m going to have to report you. This is a Swords forum, shields have nothing to do with it, unless the sheild is made of swords or the sword is made of sheilds.

Edit: Do note I am not actually going to report you, that would be unreasonable.

7 Likes

Out of all of the demon swords, I think that the Sword of Absolute Fury could have some more love than its vain three-eyed brother!

4 Likes

I would love to see more of the squid cultists or about Argok, the God of Wind.

4 Likes

That’s interesting. Argok’s Edge was the first sword consumed by the Demon King. Is he/she inside the Demon King with Kargob, Bograk, and Xiphos?

5 Likes

I think the masks are the same as the head of baltad.

1 Like

@Not_An_Eavesdropper, it could have been made by Greg or most probably Argok as he has never appeared in a comic once! He invented shields and everyone hated him for it so he was banished to Katana and gives his sword to Ōdachi. But of corse this is just a theory… but it might explain why Argoks edge is a katana.

2 Likes

I have some ideas for new characters, would you consider them?
.Elf Bezos: A business rival to Steve Orcs who monopolizes a new method of delivering potions.
.Scythe: Sickle’s twin brother who returns to help with her business and invents the lance (the citizens just call it a thrusting sword for there are little benefits when swinging it.)
.Elder Ent: A Great Deku Tree-like being whose roots are valued to make swords, but will use said roots to defend himself, and the faeries he cares for.
.Roach Golem: A bioweapon made by combining stolen demon DNA with smartsword technology to serve as the prototype to a cyber-demon army.
.Kaiser Tzonia: A crooked warlord who seeks all nine of the demon swords in order to become all powerful, but ends up becoming an incomplete monster in the end.

1 Like

YES! WE NEED THIS!

3 Likes